Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Post-2013 Thoughts

Post-2013 Thoughts

Happy new year everyone! Just taking a look back at 2013 in terms of music and it's amazing, I don't think I've seen a year in my life quite like it. Certainly not since I started actually paying attention to music releases. It started off strong and ended strong. Of all the music I focus on there was no bad albums, even the disappointing ones were still good. Even the ones I might say weren't that great are only not that great in comparison to some of the best work any band has ever released. I said I wasn't going to do an Album of the Year for 2013 and that's simply because I can't. It's impossible for me to choose one album as the best. Heck even if I gave myself three or four choices I still couldn't do it. 2013 was just too good of a year for music. Here's looking forward to 2014 as hopefully another great year. It's already looking good with expected releases from Say Anything, Shores, Whitechapel, Chevelle, and Enter Shikari, just to name a few. I'll try to keep up with reviews, also I'm going to try and catch some releases I missed in 2012 and 2013, as well as I'm going to revisit and re-review some albums as well. 2013 was possibly one of the best years for music, here's to 2014 keeping the momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment