Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

New Song From Shores

New Song From Shores


Hardcore/Metalcore act Shores have just released a new song off their upcoming EP LIFE/LOST titled Devoured ( I Am Consumed). This is the third track I've heard from this EP (unless Repetitions is going to be on it) and they just keep staying amazing. Coming from their last EP this song is especially heavier. It's also polished a lot better and sounds smoother. While the beginning comes off a bit rough and sounds a bit generic the song opens up into something more progressive and smoother. The guitar work on this especially stands out switching from heavy chords to a smooth almost classical style. Vocally this songs lacks any kind of soft mellow vocals we've seen in other songs from them but it's not a bad thing. The song just keeps on going like a Juggernaut. I've literally had this on repeat all day.

I know I talk a lot about this band but it's for a good reason. I really think they are talented and managed to set themselves apart from the over saturated metalcore genre with a more progressive and interesting sound. From what I've heard from this EP it's poised to leave a mark on the scene as a whole. I'm really hoping to see them gain more popularity in the states because they really deserve it over these bands that all seem like they're actually trying to sound the same as each other. So give them a listen and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment